5 Things We're Looking Forward to Seeing at the Golden Globes
The Golden Globes is one of the most fun award shows to watch because its pretty much a giant champagne-filled party.
The 70th Annual Golden Globe awards air live from Hollywood Sunday night, hosted this year by NBC darlings Tina Fey and Amy Poehler. Sure, seeing who wins in the big categories is fun, but the Golden Globes is one of the most fun award shows to watch because its pretty much a giant champagne-filled shindig, consistsing of all the stars getting more and more buzzed as the night goes on. Its not a stuffy affair, its an all-out drinking dinner party.
Check out the full list of nominees
Here are 5 things we hope to see Sunday night.
1. Red Carpet Disasters. Theres always at least one Hollywood actress that decides to take a risk at an awards show and fails miserably. We cant wait to see which A-lister will earn a spot on the Worst Dressed list for her awful (albeit brave) choice of attire.
2. Wardrobe Malfunctions. In a conference call this week, Tina Fey told reporters, "Because its such a fun kind of sloppy night, its not really about the host giving any kind of big comedy performance. Its our job to keep things moving and also try to get the movie stars more liquored-up so that hopefully someones boob will fall out of a dress. Thats our main role." Somebody give Sofia Vergara another glass of Moet!
3. Boozy Acceptance Speeches. Again, a LOT of champagne is served at the Golden Globes. Fey says, "Somehow, no matter what time you get there, you always just miss the food. I think it’s a scam. I don’t think they make any food… You get there, and there’s just booze on the table and a box of candy and that’s it. And all the women haven’t eaten for days, so they have half a glass of wine, and they’re gone." Were hoping someone gets all emotional-like during their acceptance speech. That would totally go viral.
4. Tina Fey and Amy Poehler battling it out for Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series. Okay, there are other women in this category. Good ones, too (Lena Dunham, Julia Louis Dreyfus, Zooey Deschanel). But were really looking forward to seeing how Tina and Amy handle the tension while playing hostesses with the mostest.
Last year, Tina Fey bombed Amy Poehlers camera shot when her name was called:
5. Whatever Amy Poehler and Tina Fey have up their sleeves. When asked about surprise guests, Fey joked, "We have the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders." Poehler added, "And we’re going to drag the cast of Cheers up there. So far, those are our two ideas."
Happy Award Show Season!